|Country||Unified Earth Government|
|Allegiance||United Nations Space Command|
|Branch||Joint Operations Unit|
|Equipment||MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Mark V|
Fall of Reach
|Commanders||Colonel Sam Cutter|
- "You know as well as I do that we wind up with some that she would have chosen - not just kids unlucky enough to survive a glassing. Orders are still being followed and those Spartans are in the field, but they are armed as SPARTANs - and they are making a difference."
- —LCDR Kurt-051 to SCPO Franklin Mendez.
Phoenix Team(occasionally stylized PHOENIX Team), sometimes referred to as Team Phoenix or simply Phoenix, was a fire-team sized unit of the UNSC Special Warfare Command Special Warfare Group Three, composed mostly of SPARTAN-III supersoldiers as of 2552.
Phoenix Team was primarily composed of SPARTAN-IIIs pulled out of their main companies by Kurt-051 and Franklin Mendez before large-scale operations where the companies were mostly wiped out, Operation: PROMETHEUS in the case of Alpha Company and Operation: TORPEDO with Beta Company.
Prior to the Fall of Reach, Phoenix Team had managed to survive three insurrectionist battles, always coming back, but not without a cost: only three members of the original team, Jack, Mark and Faith remained alive by mid-2552.
Phoenix Team also operated with non-Spartan military personnel more extensively than other Spartan teams. To grant them more operational freedom when interacting with regular military personnel, the members of Phoenix had been given higher ranks than most of the Spartans by their Commanding Officer. In 2552, the team was under the command of Colonel Sam Cutter of the UNSC Army.
The SPARTAN-IIIs of Phoenix utilized equipment on par with the SPARTAN-IIs, such as the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, which is far more advanced than the cheaper SPI armor worn by the rest of the SPARTAN-IIIs. The team was issued with the Mark V MJOLNIR armor on November 24, 2551. Unlike the mainline SPARTAN-IIs, whose armor was fairly uniform in coloration, the members of Phoenix sported a variety of color schemes and field-customized armor variants.
During the Battle of Viery, 3 members of Phoenix Team were stationed aboard the UNSC Grafton, ready to be deployed when the CCS Battle-Cruiser Long Night of Solace de-materialized and destroyed it instantly, leaving Jack-A260, Faith-A211 and Mark-B321 as the only survivors.
Deceased members from Insurrectionist activity
- Commander Jon-B150 (Phoenix One) - A strong leader, Jon served as the leader of Phoenix Team. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA in a betrayal by a rogue ONI agent. Lauren held him close, as he bled out in her arms whilst attempting to stay alive.
Deceased members from the Fall of Reach
- Lieutenant Commander Lauren-A094 (Phoenix Two) - A stern soldier, Lauren served as the second in command of Phoenix. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by the destruction of the UNSC Grafton during the Fall of Reach.
- Warrant Officer Rebecca-A235 (Phoenix Five) - A hard going, no holds barred Spartan. Rebecca served as the tech specialist of Phoenix. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by the destruction of the UNSC Grafton during the Fall of Reach.
- Lieutenant Adam-B129 (Phoenix Six) - A new addition to the team, Adam served as the replacement Marksman for Phoenix. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by the destruction of the UNSC Grafton during the Fall of Reach.